An exciting opportunity to work for Stephen McPartland MP is now available in his Stevenage office as a Caseworker (Policy).
Stephen McPartland MP is supported by a small, but dedicated team which prides itself on helping him make a difference. The current postholder has just been headhunted by a large corporate and Stephen is looking for someone to replace them and take full advantage of the development opportunities.
Applicants do not require previous experience but must demonstrate drive and a passion for helping people.
The right candidate will be people-focused and well-organised with a determination to provide a first-class service. They will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, take pride in their work and have a good grasp of IT. The successful applicant will work full-time in a friendly office. The majority of their time will be spent in Stevenage, but they will occasionally need to attend the office in Westminster.
Main responsibilities will be to:
- respond effectively and courteously to correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- undertake research and prepare reports, draft correspondence, and briefing notes on policy issues
- analyse and evaluate research and interpret data
- assist with progressing casework through liaison with government agencies
- maintain, update and develop knowledge of relevant legislation
- communicate effectively with both internal and external contacts
An ideal candidate will:
- have a genuine desire to help people resolve complaints and concerns
- have strong written, communication and analytical skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail
- be highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise own caseload
- have a strong work ethic, reliability and a flexible approach as part of our small team
- possess good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
Sympathise with the values of the Conservative Party
Salary: £20,000-24,000 depending on experience
Click here if you would like to help Stephen make a difference