An exciting opportunity to work for Stephen McPartland MP is now available in his Stevenage office as a Caseworker.
Stephen McPartland MP is supported by a small, but dedicated team which prides itself on helping him make a difference.
The role is ideally suited to someone with high literacy skills and looking for that first job on the CV to launch their career. Applicants do not require previous experience but must demonstrate drive and a passion for helping people.
The right candidate will be people-focused and well-organised with a determination to provide a first-class service. They will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, take pride in their work and have a good grasp of IT. The successful applicant will work full-time in a friendly office. The majority of their time will be spent in Stevenage, but they will occasionally need to attend the office in Westminster.
- Responding effectively and courteously to correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Undertaking research and preparing reports, draft correspondence, and briefing notes on policy issues
- Analysing and evaluating research and interpreting data
- Assisting with progressing casework through liaison with government agencies
- Maintaining, updating and developing knowledge of relevant legislation
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts
- Retaining records and information confidentially, in compliance with GDPR
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- A genuine desire to help people resolve complaints and concerns
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise own caseload
- A strong work ethic, reliability and a flexible approach as part of our small team
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and proficient in use of Apple MACs
- Sympathise with the values of the Conservative Party